Careers With iCO
We have an exciting new opening for an Event Technician to join our fun and energetic team here at iCO Event Services to be based out of our Leeds Office. This role would be perfect for that someone who wishes to further their career in the events industry.
Initial responsibilities will include:
- Working on exciting projects alongside the Technical Director / Sales Director.
- Preparing, checking and loading equipment for events, ensuring that Health & Safety policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Driving, delivering and setting up AV equipment.
- Operating and / or working on live events.
- De-rigging and checking equipment back into the warehouse.
- Supervising junior crew, technicians, and freelancers on smaller events.
Desired skills & experience:
- Must have a minimum of 2 years AV / Event Technician experience in the Live Events industry.
- You must have a proven record of setting up multiple technical aspects of AV for all types of events, including; larger productions such as awards shows and larger conferences with set and staging.
- You must have a proven, in-depth understanding of AV, including:
- Switching / IT
- You should be able to display that you regularly use your own initiative to learn new technologies – to bring new ideas for equipment and tech to the business.
- You should have a genuine passion for learning and solving problems.
- You MUST have a clean UK/EU driving license and have been driving for a minimum of 2 years in the UK. You will need to be a confident driver, be able to drive a company van and have a good knowledge of driving in Yorkshire.
- You should have experience of delivering a high-quality service to all types of clients, therefore you’ll have excellent client facing and communication skills.
- You’ll have a positive and happy attitude and be a team player.
- You’ll need the ability to work shifts and long house on events – as and when required due to the nature of the events industry.
- You’ll need the ability to work well under pressure and to resolve issues diplomatically and calmly.
- You must have the capability to carry and life AV equipment and staging from vans to venues.
Desirable skills (if you have these, please let us know but not essential).
- Working at height / rigging qualification
- Line Management Skills
- Managing and Co-Ordinating Equipment and Events
- Managing stock in the warehouse
- Managing events including quotes and budgets
What iCO can offer:
- Unlimited tea & coffee
- Chance to take part in charity events
- On the job training where needed
- Competitive salary (depending on experience)
- Representation at our corporate events